Thursday, June 28, 2012

theSpec:Hamilton Business Magazine Rocks!

Okay, yes….you’ll find me in this newly created most recent June 2012 version of the Hamilton Spectator monthly Business Magazine…and I’m quite proud of same, eh!

 The Spec Business Magazine is under the direction of Rick Hughes the Spec Business editor – but managed by Cheryl Stepan, the magazine editor and….well….I like it a  whole bunch!

And let me tell you why…on three major points. The first is on the new biz magazine itself –  or even better, let me show you how that was explained by Cheryl herself here –

WE HAVE A SWANKY NEW ADDRESS!
Perhaps you noticed it on the front cover? It’s
a new web address. Yes, Hamilton Business is
finally online with a dedicated website all its
own. The new site — hamiltonbusiness.com —
will feature everything from the print version of
Hamilton Business, plus the latest and greatest
local business news, ideas, stats, profiles and
opinions from The Hamilton Spectator,
thespec.com and beyond. It’s everything you
need to know about the local business scene
all expertly assembled in one handy (and
attractive!) spot, which works on mobile and
desktop devices. No other website contains
such a wealth of local business information.
Bookmark hamiltonbusiness.com and visit
often, as it will be frequently updated with news,
blogs, polls, feature stories and columns. And be
sure to give us your thoughts and ideas, either
by commenting on the site or by sending me a
message at hamiltonbusiness@thespec.com.
I look forward to virtually hearing from you…”

 As you can see, there is a new spot in town, for us business types, us local #HamOnt business types to use to both advertise in and be a part of the content too….and yes, that does get me to my second point today…in that if you turn to page 8 of same, you’ll see the new column entitled “The Academic and the Practitioner” on “business advice that spans the sectors” as it’s tagged and in this case that’s pretty dang true!

I was asked by Cheryl, if I’d offer up an answer to the question here – “Is it necessary or even fair to put a social media policy in place for my staff? I am concerned they might be saying things on Facebook or Twitter that could be damaging to the company. Do other companies do this?” and as I’m the “Practitioner” of the column, my answer follows…..won’t spoil the learning here so you’d need to click on this link to see same, eh!

It was also nice to “meet” the Academic in this column too, chosen by Cheryl I assume and while I’ve never met Alex Sevigny, he’s a McMaster prof and you can learn more about him here - http://www.humanities.mcmaster.ca/~sevigny/ – and his professorial rankings here are outstanding and are here - http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=19863 - so hello Alex…I’ll be following you more closely in the future, eh!

And my third and final point is simple and this new Spectator publication heralds same….

Our #HamOnt is changing, maturing, shaking off old monikers and ways….and moving towards a new future.

I see it. Many more see it. It’s a large part of what I believe in and what I “do”….so won’t you join me?

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More